So cute!
Well, to sum it all up, I had an awesome time and I realize more and more everyday how amazing my husband is. He is so kind to me in so many ways.
Thursday I woke up and spent the day lazing around at the pool all day. I had a private cabana with my own personal wait staff. What more could a girl ask for! I got to read a great book and just enjoy myself. That night, since there was no where for me to go eat, especially by myself, I ordered room service. What an experience! The Breakers staff brought me a $30 cheeseburger and $6 glass of tea! It was either that or the $13 PB&J. I thought I would go for something with a little more substance.
Friday morning Dave and I checked out of the Breakers since we couldn't afford the $15oo a night room since his company wasn't picking up the tab anymore! We drove to Sawgrass Mills which is a huge outlet mall. As most of you know, I was instantly in heaven! We started at the Marshall's Shoe Mega Store. What more could a girl ask for! Although I didn't get to buy anything for me, I am learning how things are going to change in our household! Dave got a few things and we got some things for Harrison.
When I was young, and my mom would go out of town, she would bring me back a book and in it she would write where she had been. I still have all of those books and cherish them. It was a small gesture that I appreciate to this day. We bought Harrison his first book while we were there. I hope to continue this for him too.
After shopping, we checked into our new hotel on Singer Island. Although it wasn't $1500 a night, it was still impressive. The pictures above were from Singer Island.
Saturday, we hung out at the pool and just enjoyed ourselves. After dinner that night, we went for a short walk on the beach. It was so peaceful.
Like I said earlier, this trip was full of insight and reflection on my part. I realized how blessed I am. I have so much to be thankful for, more than I can possibly write about. Another realization that I had that is still sinking in is that for the last 14 years, it has been just David and I. It is fun but also scary to think that there will no longer be just us. I look forward to our new adventure but it is still scary to think that we will never go back to just us. Peas and Carrots we like to call it.
I had an amazing time on vacation. I know to some this might sound uneventful but that is what I wanted and needed. I think that Dave had fun too. It is really nice to have some quality down time together with no distractions.
On a side bar, when all of the babies got home and were together, I also realized how much of a real family we all are. They were all excited to see us but just as equally excited to see each other! So cute!
