Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's starting to set in!

Its hard to believe that I have done so much planning, thinking, and growing and it is really starting to set in that we are having a baby!

When we found out we were having a boy, David and I knew that he would have a football room. You know that we are HUGE football fans so it was only fitting. So when the process to find bedding for Harrison's room started, I scoured every website for countless hours and weeks to find the perfect bedding. I soon becoming increasingly more discouraged by my findings. One Sunday, I had gone to get my hair done and I thought I was there for a cut and color and my stylist said no, just a cut. Now any girl knows that when you go in planning for the works, you want the works! Being as sweet as she is, my stylist said she would fit in my color too. (Probably because she has had numerous hormonal pregnant women cry on her and she wasn't up for it that day!)

Well, I think ultimately God had a plan that Sunday afternoon. You see, as I was sitting there processing, the other client she had came in and we all started talking. Come to find out, the other lady had just had a baby two weeks before. I was rehashing with them both about my experience and needing/wanting specific crib bedding. The other client told me that she had a lady custom make hers and it turned out beautiful. That was all I needed! When I got home, I called the seamstress and she agreed to meet and discuss my wants and needs and so it was that the nursery idea was formed.

One very rainy Saturday afternoon David and I sat out on an adventure to find all the supplies we would need to make the bedding. Let me just say what an awesome husband and daddy David is. I sure don't know many men that will spend their Saturdays in fabric stores, 6 to be exact. We picked out fabric and batting and trim and the works.

Well, last night I picked up the bedding from Ms. Bobbie who made it (and quickly too I might add). Can I just tell you how excited I was? I had just given her an idea of what I wanted and the fabric and she made it happen!

David was out with business associates for dinner and so I rushed home and put it on the bed and hung the curtains. I love how it turned out!