When David and I found out we were expecting, I thought about blogging to keep all of our family out of town up to date on the happenings with us and the new baby but I never did. (Hopefully not a sign of things to come!) Then last weekend, when we were with our church group, one of our friends was telling us that she just had a book printed with all her blogs for her kids to enjoy when they are older. That was what it took for me to jump in!
Lets catch up on where we are today. David and I have now been married almost 5 years. (One more month to go!) Boy how the time flies when you are having fun! We have dated since our freshmen year of high school and have been through a lot together in that time. I am not sure that either of us would trade it for anything. Back in December, we found out that we were expecting our first child and have recently found out that it is a BOY! We are very excited! As I write this today, I am currently 24 weeks pregnant and getting more and more excited everyday. There is so much to do but also so much to look forward to. So far I have been extremely lucky and have felt great the entire pregnancy and the baby is doing well too.
The idea that we will soon be parents and responsible for another being is mesmerizing. I hope that God blesses us with the knowledge and insight to be nurturing parents. We have great examples to follow thanks to our parents and grandparents!
Wish us luck as we begin this journey!
