Friday, May 22, 2009

On the road again...

Here we go, on the road again. This weekend we are headed to the great state of Missouri to visit my mom's whole family who all live there, including my grandparents. I don't get to see Gran and Gramps much but they will probably never know how much they truly mean to me. There are so many reasons why they are amazing to me. Most of which only mean something to me that no one else would understand and that make me realize the type of person that I want to be. It is amazing how much our family no matter how close or far shape us. Since we always seemed to live far away, I didn't get to spend as much time with them as I would have liked but I still think that I have a great bond with them. You couldn't ask for better examples of generosity and humility. I really cherish the time that I get to spend with them. (Except between the hours of 11pm and 7am. That bed that they have is HORRIBLE!)

I always look forward to going back. Even though I technically didn't grow up in St. Charles, I did spend a lot of time there and it is kinda like a second home. I love to see how things have changed and how what we thought of as farm country is turning into the city! It used to to take us awhile of driving through corn and bean fields to get to Grandma's and now, you just hop off the highway and you are practically there! Amazing how fast things change!

This trip will be special for other reasons too. This will be the first time since we told them that we were expecting that they get to see the great-grandbaby bump. I think they will be excited!