Monday, July 20, 2009

TMI

I am warning all of you that read this that you might want to stop now. There will be a few things in this post that you might not want to know! (I don't know why I warn you because now you are super curious and will continue reading no matter what I write! But note, you have been warned.)



I, by the way, am thinking of changing the name of this blog to "Weekend Update". It is so sad that my life is so boring that the only time I have anything to write about is Monday! I will give myself a little credit that I have been busy getting everything ready and trying to sleep as much as possible in anxious anticipation for Harrison's arrival.



There are four main topics to this post, panties, pictures, birthing class, and baby shower. Lets tackle the first one first, panties. So I have heard from numerous sources that I need to invest in some what disposable big girl panties for this impending birth that I will soon experience. As I have been told by friends, you might want to start wearing them when you get closer in case your water breaks, and you will definitely need them after he is born. Last weekend, while at the mall, I invested my $20 in four pairs of maternity big girl panties. You know that you don't try panties on, so you just buy them. All four pairs were neatly folded in this 4x6 pouch. Not bad I thought. So I get home and my curiosity is killing me. I pull out one pair and they are big but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. I put them on and strut downstairs to show my husband my lovely new lingerie. Mind you, there is no lace or decorations, just a big cotton landscape! David, being the fabulous husband that he is smiles and says that's nice dear when his face said "Oh My Gosh, I am not ready for this yet! I am only 28! Help us!" After making a promise that as soon as Harrison arrived, I would never wear them again and would not wear them until I absolutely had to, he seemed to be at ease. (Poor guy!) I unpackaged all four pairs of lovely panties and put them in the laundry basket, never giving them anymore thought. Fast forward to this weekend. Dave sorted and began the laundry and then after dinner last night, I decided to fold the clothes in the dryer and put them away. I start pulling stuff out and folding it, placing it neatly on the dryer in its perfect little stack. When I had almost made it to the bottom of what was in the dryer, I noticed a large grey object. Pondering what it could be, I don't have a grey t-shirt? When did Dave wear a grey t-shirt? I reached in and pulled out the largest pair of panties ever! They were massive! I am so appalled that I actually own underwear this large! They are so big, they need their own drawer! Let it be known, for all of you that are reading this (I warned you!) you will never catch me in them, EVER! As if being big and pregnant isn't enough for a woman's self confidence, throw in HUGE panties and you are done for!


Next topic, pictures. As noted in another post, we had pregnancy picture taken last weekend. Some of them turned out great and others were just okay. They will serve as a great reminder of where we have been and of what I don't want to look like ever again. Not saying that more kids are not in our future, just that I do not aspire to be this large again, ever! I debate on if I should put the link and password on here for all to see. I will think about it and get back to you.

Birthing class, need I say more? David really wanted to take a class offered by our local hospital on what to expect during labor and after you go home. Let me say, this would be a great sex education class! We spent all day Saturday covering an array of information. David was relived and I was overwhelmed! The class was worth the time but oh, there is still so much to do! I really thought I was going to loose my coach but he is pumped and ready to go. He did inform me yesterday thought that he would not be there when I have my epidural. He said he just can't watch. Can't watch? The needle is in my back, not yours. I don't understand I guess since I don't have a fear of needles. So mom, you are assistant coach, just for the epidural and if my coach decides he can't do any of it, I am calling you back. Be prepared! (For all of you reading this that are mom's, don't think that just because we took a class that we know everything that we need to know. Please be on stand by, we might need you!)

Finally, shower. My two, and only two lovely sisters-in-law are throwing me a baby shower this upcoming Saturday and my mom's friends are throwing her a grandmother shower on Sunday. I am very excited because Harrison's great-grandma Steinmann and great-aunt Kathy are coming from St. Louis to celebrate with us. (Can I tell you how weird it is to write that! Great- ______! Makes me feel old!) Here is fair warning: Honey- anything we don't get this weekend will be purchased by you! Have the plastic and your shopping shoes ready! Might I add that we are so blessed to have wonderful family and friends that share these moments with us. We love all of you!

If you have read this far and not died of embarrassment (mom) or boredom, then congratulations, this post is through! We will talk to you and post pictures of next weekend here probably Monday. (I don't have anything fun going on this week except Church and Dave's softball game, unless Harrison decides I do!) By the way, I didn't forget to post the log in information for the pictures, I just decided that I didn't want to scare anyone or make you loose your lunch if you read this while eatting. If you are prepared and really want to see them, let me know and I will email you the information. tiffanysteinhoff@yahoo.com. Remember I am fully clothed Emily!