Friday, June 12, 2009

That long already?

Who would have thought that it has already been 5 years since David and I said "I Do!" When I look back over those years, it is amazing that it has been that long. I have had the best time. We have done so much in those 5 short years and I can honestly say that I have one of the greatest husbands in the world. He is the most caring and considerate man I know. His answer for everything is "Whatever makes you happy" and I honestly believe that he truly means it and doesn't say it just to appease me.

It is so much fun to learn and love and laugh with someone as awesome as David. I know it is so cliche but he truly is my best friend. How many people can honestly say they met their sole mate at 14? Like we always say, we are like peas and carrots! A lot of people can't believe that neither of us has ever dated anyone else but I am sure if you ask Dave, he feels just like me when I say I don't feel like I have missed out on anything. I have enjoyed every minute of our time together. Don't be fooled, it hasn't always been easy and there have been many times when we both look at each other and say, "This is not easy." Marriage is hard work but it is so worth it.

The one thing that amazes me most since we have been married is that I love my husband more now than I did 5 years ago. Who would have thought it possible.

Just a few fun facts of things that have happened in the last 5 years in no order:
Bought a house
Got a dog and another and another and another
Have bought 4 cars
Are expecting a baby
Watched 4 of our siblings graduate
Switched jobs
Said goodbye to family and friends
Traveled in and out of the country
and so much more.

David-
It has been so much fun. I can't wait for more!
I love you!