Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Movin' on up

This past weekend, we helped my parents move into their fabulous new lake house. It is amazing and I know that we will all get great use out of it and as our family grows and develops, it will suit us all well.

We pulled out of Germantown on Saturday morning with all the cars loaded down with stuff and headed to Pickwick. We spent all day Saturday unloading furniture and putting things away. I wasn't much help since I can't really lift and carry stuff but I helped as much as I could. By the time it was dark, I was worn out and my feet hurt SO bad. I hated complaining to much since I hadn't done nearly as much as everyone else!

I woke up Sunday and we out on the porch with the babies. It was early but the sun was shinning and it was peaceful. They enjoyed just running and sniffing and playing. It was nice to wake up in a nice, pretty house.

I don't know if it was on purpose or not but Mom and Dad did a good job with the layout, especially for me. Dave and I have our own room and bathroom on one end of the house with a storage room that is right next door for my babies so we can all be together and not bother anyone else. The storage room also has a door that goes directly outside so I don't have to let the babies run through the house waking everyone else up when they want to go out. It is great for us!

Sunday after Mark got done riding the Jet Ski, he got in the lake and we taught Bama how to get in and then get out on the lift. She LOVED it! I told David that we really will have to watch her so she doesn't go in when we are not there. She is a water baby for sure.

We can't wait to spend even more time at the lake this summer!