Just relaxing.
So it has been a little while since I have posted anything. As you can imagine, the last two weeks have been busy and exciting. Here are some things that we have been up to since Harrison was born in no order.
We had our first check up with the pediatrician and all looks great! Harrison's doctor was also David's pediatrician and no he is not ancient! Then two days later we had to go back due to a blocked tear duct that had his eye matted shut. No big deal, just some drops and all is well.
Harrison is becoming more awake and aware as the weeks progress. I love to hold him and talk to him and have him look at me. He has also taken to smiling a lot. Now I know that it is more of a reflex than a real smile at something but it is still so sweet to look at.
We have a wonderful church family that has brought us meals during the last two weeks. It is awesome to be a part of a covenant community that is so supportive. Some of the meals we have received are from people we don't even know and some from our small group. Stephanie, since I know you read this, thanks for the powdered doughnuts!
I have always known that I have a wonderful husband and knew that he would also be an awesome dad but I still have to say a huge thank you and tell Dave how appreciative I am of him and all he has done for me in the last two weeks. Fortunately, David was able to take off work for the first week that I was home to spend time with Harrison and to help me out. From the moment Harrison was born until Monday when David went back to work, I bet I changed 5 diapers total. He just stepped in and took over. He even changed Harrison's first diaper in the hospital. Every night when he comes home from work, he takes over. He changes diapers, gives Harrison a bath, and sings to him. When Harrison gets fussy, David sings him the theme song to Indiana Jones and he stops crying instantly! It is so cute.
Everyone always asks, what do the puppies think? They are all very good with him. Allie likes to kiss him on the head, Bama never lets him out of her sight, Bear and Duke are curious but for the most part could care less. They are all worn out from all the changes that are happening at our house. Alllie and Bama go to Dogs Rule, a school for puppies where they get to play all day. It is very much like a daycare for children, just with dogs. Usually I take them on my way to work but since I am not going there right now, I made arrangements for the doggie school bus to come to the house and pick them up on Thursdays. Yesterday was their first day to catch the bus and they did great and came home exhausted. Must of played hard!
I have one new parent observation: An 8 pound 2 week old human rules our house! We do what he says when he says. Guess I need to get than under control before he gets too old.
