Thursday, September 17, 2009

Firsts

There have been so many first over the last week or so. Here are some of the firsts for Harrison:

- I met my Great Grandma and Grandpa. They came to spend some time with us and Gran even said that Harrison could come stay with her whenever he wanted. The only problem would be that he would never want to leave! There are always cookies and ice cream in endless supply. What kid wouldn't love that!

- Harrison attended his first birthday party. September 14th was Mimi's birthday and we went to eat a Firebird's and then went back to Mimi's house for presents. Harrison did so good in a loud restaurant. He slept the whole time until the food arrived. Typical boy!

- David gave him his first bottle. This was a very scary idea for me but he did great! (Harrison that is. Honey, I never doubted you!)

- Harrison went to the lake for a day too. We took Gran and Gramps to Pickwick to check out the house and Harrison and I went along. He did great in the car. We can't wait for him to really enjoy the lake. He will have a great time with Papa there.

- I left him with Mamaw so I could go get my hair done. I enjoyed my time just as much as I know Mamaw did.

-Harrison has discovered his thumb and mom is proud! Why you might ask? Well, I really don't want him having a pacifier and so if he can sooth himself with his thumb then I am okay with it.

- Harrison watched his first Alabama game with David and Mamaw and Pop and Uncle Choo Choo. Bama beat Virginia Tech. Harrison made everyone proud in his Crimson and White!

He is growing so fast and developing more and more everyday. He is smiling and laughing a lot and loves when you talk to him. He is trying very hard to hold his head up and is getting stronger and bigger everyday. Can't believe that he will be 4 weeks old tomorrow. Wow the time flies! I can't imagine life without him. Amazing how children change us for the better.

Great Gran giving Harrison his bottle at the lake.
Looks like a true professional. Guess she has had practice with 5 kids of her own and 11 grand kids. Harrison is the first Great Grandchild.

Sucking our thumb.


Laughing at Daddy. So precious!


Life is awful!


First bottle.

Looking handsome in his crimson and white.


First Bama game.

Harrison loves the swing that his Great Granny gave him. Puts him to sleep every time!


My guys! I love you both!

This is peace.

What a face!